Sunday, November 25, 2007

Changing Directions

Trying to earn money doing surveys does work - I have a $30 check coming from InboxDollars for many nights of surveys and following advertising links. However, the payoff really isn't worth the time spent trying to hit that $30 threshhold. It is, however, $30 more than I had and will make a nice snowflake for my credit card debt.

So, the making money on the internet idea really isn't paying off for me - too much time, not enough return. I'm far better off spending that extra time at night with my wife.

I am shifting the direction of the blog and using it to log our progress towards becomming debt free. A few words on my debt-reduction philosophy - everything is about balance. Yes, I could live uber-frugally and pay off the debt faster, but at what cost. Instead, I plan to reduce the debt at the fastest pace possible while still enjoying a comfortable life. Through smart decisions, I think I can reduce the debt at a reasonable pace but still enjoy some luxury.

I need to review my budget and accounts this month anyway so I can setup my 401(k) and FSA, so my first post about My Debt Quest should be ready in the next week or so.

Things to look forward to with this blog:
- Frugal ideas that don't sacrifice personal comfort.
- My personal thoughts on money and debt.
- Links to other personal finance blogs that share my ideas and values.

Until then,
Jonathan

No comments:

Business & Personal Loans. Great Rates. Prosper.